Everything you ever wanted to know about ATTITUDE
First. a few definitions… ATTITUDE is:
- a mental position, disposition, feeling or emotion with regard to a person, state of mind or fact.
- a composite of your thoughts, feelings and actions.
- how you act, how you feel, and what words you say.
- the mental filter through which you see the world; the way you view something or tend to behave towards it.
Second, why is ATTITUDE important and how is it relevant to your life? The answers to these questions lie in this post.
You can have a positive/good attitude or you can have a negative/bad attitude about anything. It’s totally your choice how you want to look at a thing or person. The choice you make about is a choice that makes all the difference in your day, in your week, in your life.
Stuff happens to everyone. As long as you are alive, stuff will happen, good and bad. So, if you think about it, it really doesn’t matter what happens to you, it’s more how you react to what happens to you. Think good and will be good. Think bad and it will be bad. How powerful is that!
Your conscious mind controls feeling and ultimately dictates whether your feelings will be positive or negative by your choice of thoughts, then your body displays those choices through action and behavior. You have a choice regardless of the circumstances to be either cheerful or not. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by being defensive, grumpy, or even mean – so why be it. If you develop the right attitude, you will find others will have the same positive attitude towards you. Things begin to go your way. You begin to feel lucky.
According to the experts, attitude is a magic word. It determines your fate and success. It determines what happens to you in life. When you start a difficult task, it is your attitude that determines whether or not you will enjoy it and finish it successfully.
Your attitude towards life will determine life’s attitude toward you. A good one will produce good results. A fair one will produce fair results. And a bad one will produce bad results. In other words, positive thinking is not just a way to weather negative occurrences, but actually makes positive results happen. Think good and it will be good.
Spiritually speaking, thinking good is a powerful and profound spiritual truth. The power to think originates from our souls. Our souls are connected on high so what we think and speak has a very real and purposeful effect on the loftier spiritual realms. In other words, our positive thoughts have the potential to change reality, indeed to create a new reality, to obliterate negative decrees, and to bring about real salvation. Does it always mean that it works in a way that we understand? Does it mean we don’t have to have our deeds match our thoughts? Of course not. However, the potential is there and it’s real.
Being optimistic or pessimistic is not genetically determined. It’s up to each of us how to view reality. Good thoughts affect our reality much more then we realize. People with positive attitudes are optimistic and can activate some of the following success traits: persistence, good health, courage, gratitude, approachability, resiliency, enthusiasm, energy, and spiritual growth.
It’s hard to stay positive when the world appears to be coming apart at the seams, but this is when optimism is most vital. So when you face obstacles in life that prevent you from fulfilling your purpose, you must do whatever you can to remove them and at the same time think positive. Think positive, then do positive and it will be positive!
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it…Read this!
- “Attitude determines how much of the future we are allowed to see. It decides the size of our dreams and influences our determination when we are faced with new challenges.” Jim Rohn
- “No other person on earth has dominion over our attitude. People can affect our attitude by teaching us poor thinking habits or unintentionally misinforming us or providing us with negative sources of influence, but no one can control our attitude unless we voluntarily surrender that control.” Jim Rohn
- “If you don’t like something change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Oprah Winfrey
- “We are in charge of our attitudes.” Charles Swindoll
More articles, videos, and resources…
- Torah and Psychology
- Diseases of Attitude – Jim Rohn
- Why Attitude is More Important than Intelligence
- It all begins with your attitude – Bob Proctor